Part-time SEL Coaches.
We are actively looking for part-time coaches in NYC to teach social-emotional and life skills to K-12 students, educators and staff. This position requires flexibility as an independent contractor. Experience working with youth and children a plus. We value and cultivate a culture of inclusion among both our core team and our team of coaches, and we strongly encourage all qualified applicants to apply, particularly applicants who are fluent in both English and Spanish.
Robin is a mental well-being and social-emotional learning solution that connects students and educators with dynamic coaches to build the skills needed to thrive when faced with life’s toughest challenges. Robin Coaches bring human connection to SEL and are critical to why Robin has been so successful in reaching and transforming students’ lives.
We are actively looking for new part-time coaches who enjoy the flexibility of working as independent contractors to grow our coaching network in New York City. We seek a diverse group who have experience working with youth and children. We value and cultivate a culture of inclusion among both our core team and our team of coaches, and we strongly encourage all qualified applicants to apply, particularly applicants who are fluent in both English and Spanish.
- Lead the instruction and skill development of students in small group settings
- Attend and participate in group coaching feedback discussions with the Director of Coaching and adjust content programming based on student and educator feedback
- Encouraged to attend and participate in Robin Training sessions, including speaker training
- Participate in Robin’s marketing efforts from time to time including, but not limited to, social media posts, IG Lives, conference speaking opportunities
- Encouraged, but not required, to attend and participate in bi-monthly Robin Coach meetings
- Experience in teaching social-emotional concepts including: resilience, growth mindset, goal setting, purpose, self-motivation, self-management, self-care, self-advocacy, mindfulness, connection, building empathy, decision-making
- Experience teaching social-emotional skills to students, school professionals or parents and caregivers
- Active listening skills and ability to connect with others
- Mental Health professionals, teachers and after-school mentors are encouraged to apply
- Must be able to coach in-person during school hours, for a maximum of 1-3 hours per coaching day
- A desire to be part of an innovative startup organization that is truly changing students’ lives around the country